Fri, Mar 25|
FRIDAY, MARCH 25 TEAM UP FOR READING (WEAR FAVORITE SPORTS TEAM GEAR) Our goal is to promote literacy and a love for reading while also raising funds for Stevens Elementary. The PTCO will use 100% of all donations to fund a range of school educational objectives.
Time & Location
Mar 25, 2022, 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
About the event
Read-A-Thon 2022 FUN Theme Days
MONDAY, MARCH 21 SNUGGLE UP AND READ (WEAR PAJAMAS)
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 23 READING JOGS THE MIND (WEAR EXERCISE CLOTHES)
FRIDAY, MARCH 25 TEAM UP FOR READING (WEAR FAVORITE SPORTS TEAM GEAR)
TUESDAY, MARCH 29 HATS OFF TO READING (WEAR A CRAZY HAT)
THURSDAY, MARCH 31 WE READ ALL WEEK (WEAR RED)
How does my child participate?
- The Read-A-Thon will be managed through the online fundraising site 99Pledges.
- Automatic registrations will occur on March 6. You will receive a registration confirmation at that time.
- If you do not receive the registration confirmation email by March 7, please fill out this form, and PTCO will process your registration within a few days. You can also self-register on the fundraising site after the event begins.
- Upon registration, student families will be emailed a link to their individual fundraising pages on 99Pledges.
- Students can collect flat donation amounts or donations based on minutes read.
- Donations can be made by credit/debit card or Paypal and are tax-deductible.
- Fun activities will be held throughout the event to encourage students to participate.
- The PTCO will manage all online platform activity.
How does it Work?
- Logging Reading
- Students will log minutes on their 99Pledges page
- Students must enter minutes by the last day of the event
- What Counts
- Practicing letters, sight words, and vocabulary words
- Reading before and after school
- Being read to by other people
- Reading aloud to a pet or toy
- Reading aloud to other people
- It counts for both students if you read to someone participating in the Read-A-Thon!
- What Does Not Count
- Reading before the official start of Read-A-Thon
- Reading during school
READING MAKES YOUR MIND BLOOM